- How much do I have to pay?
The person sending something suggest the price he or she thinks is fair for the transport mission. The carrier can negotiate with the sender about the price. Carrycut takes a 14% fee of the agreed price.
- Where is the app available?
The app is currently available in Norway.
- What do I do when I need someone to help me with transporting my stuff?
You publish a transport mission on the Carrycut app.
- What if I have more questions that are not answered here?
Please get in touch with our team by email email@example.com
- Phone customer service
We're here to help +47 926 01 673
- What is Carrycut?
Carrycut is an app that makes it easy to buy and sell freight services. Both sharing economy and professionals can use the app.
- How do I sign up?
- What is the limitation period of claims?
- What is SDR?
Special Drawing Rights. The SDR is an international reserve asset, created by the IMF in 1969. Norges Bank provides daily overview of the value of SDR (or XDR which is its official name). On 21.03.2018, 1 SDR = 11,19 kroner.
- Can Carrycut provide me with a price estimate for a transport mission?
The sender suggests a price for the mission. The carrier can suggest an alternative price. Sender and carrier can then negotiate. download
- How do I as carrier find transport missions?
You have two options: 1) You enter the route you plan to travel and the app will suggest missions along this route. 2) As a carrier you tap the map which then opens and shows available missions. You can zoom in or out in the map.
- What does transport mode mean for carriers?
The app will present missions to you which suits the transport mode (walk, bicycle, car or van) you have selected.
- What are the requirements for transportation of food?
- How do I describe my shipment?
Say what it is, mention all its measures (length, width, height), weight, if it is breakable, if is well wrapped in/protected and any other relevant information.
- Do you want to insure your shipment?
You can read more about an easy way to do that HERE.
- Are you looking for Insurance?
- Is the carrier informed if a mission is changed?
- - The Sender cannot change the mission after the mission is given to a carrier (accepted mission). The edit mission icon in the top right corner is then not present in the mission page.
- - A carrier who has contacted a Sender about a mission will not automatically be informed if the mission is changed. The Sender can change a mission and then give it to the carrier. The carrier will be informed that he/she has been given the mission and the information about the price will then be visible to the carrier. If the price has been changed in an unagreed way, the carrier has the ability to cancel the mission.
- How do I safely pack and wrap my stuff?
The wrapping should be well suited to the item(s) you send. You should also label your shipment in a way that advises the carrier on how to treat your shipment. Are you sending glass, please label your package with "Glass".
- What are the most common rules and regulations in freight transport?
You can find more information about that here (text in Norwegian).
- Where can I as carrier buy insurance (Transportansvar)?
It is up to you to choose your insurance partner. If Insurance is a good alternative and they have their web page for this here.
- Where can I buy insurance for my shipment?
You decide which insurance company you choose. One alternative which is easy to use is If insurance which have partnership with ProTeria AS. Their webpage is here.
- How is compensation regulated in case of loss or damage to the shipment?
- How is compensation regulated in case of delayed or late delivery of the shipment?
- What about documentation in case of damage or loss of the goods?
In order to avoid doubt about whether there has been damage to the shipment or not, we recommend following a thorough routine when receiving your shipment.
- The most important thing is to examine the shipment.
- Verify that the number of items is correct, examine the wrapping and look for external damages.
- In case of discrepancies the discoveries should be noted on the receipt or similar, in order to document loss or damage.
If loss or damage is found after confirmation of receiving the goods, the receiver has a limitation period for raising his/her claims. See separate faq about this.
- How do I solve a dispute?
We recommend to discuss the situation with the other parties involved in the dispute. Try to be reasonable and fair. Provide documentation for your opinion in the dispute. This can, as an example, be documentation of what has been agreed about the transport mission, or photos of a damaged shipment. If you cannot agree, the dispute can be taken to Forliksrådet which is the official Norwegian authority for handling disputes.
- How can I access my account settings?
To access your account settings you click the the icon with three dots in the upper right corner in the app.
- What is IBAN ?
The International Bank Account Number (IBAN) is an internationally agreed system of identifying bank accounts across national borders. If you have a Norwegian bank account number you need to find what the IBAN number for this account is. For this you use an IBAN calculator. Normally your bank account provider will have an IBAN calculator you can use. Make sure you can trust the IBAN calculator you use.
- I do not remember my password, how can I recover it?
If you have forgotten your password you click the log in with email (logg inn med e-post) button. This sends you to a screen where you can click the forgotten password (glemt passord) button.
- What advantages does a registered user have?
To send, receive or carry something you need to be a registered user. If you want to send something you need to add a payment card to your account. If you want to earn money on carrying something you need to add a bank account number to your account.
- How do I delete my account?
If you want to delete your account you uninstall the app and send an email to Carrycut with information that you want to have your account deleted.
- Why do I get a message that my passwords do not match?
You get this answer if the passwords did not match or if your password did not follow the minimum strength requirements. You need minimum 8 large and small characters and minimum 1 symbol.
- What is the GDPR?
The GDPR is designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe and to protect and empower all EU citizen's data privacy.
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation )
Please see our privacy and cookie policies and our terms and conditions at the bottom of this web page.
- How can I acces my account data?
Your account data is found under the My missions (Mine oppdrag) tab in the app menue.
- How to install the app?
- When do I get paid?
- Payment is initiated once the receiver confirms in the app that the shipment has been received.
- Payment is also initiated if the carrier has confirmed delivery of shipment and seven days has passed since the carrier was given the mission by the sender.
- After initiation it takes 2-5 bank days before you receive your money.
- Can I cancel a shipment after having made the payment?
If the payment is completed, you won’t be able to cancel it
- Can I have an invoice for my payment?
Yes. A receipt is automatically sent to your registered email address once payment is done.
- How do I know that payment through Carrycut is secure?
Carrycut uses Stripe as payment solution provider.
Stripe is PCI certified and your credit card information is stored at Stripe.